Coordinates of the place
Would you like to know more?
Discover Saint-Michel-Chef-Chef, an authentic commune of Loire-Atlantique.
With its 4.5 km of fine sandy beach, its pretty fishing port and its welcoming town centre, it is a must for tourism in western France. Our camping in Saint-Michel-Chef-Chef allows you to enjoy this attractive place at the edge of the Atlantic Ocean.
Walks and hikes
For those who thrive in nature, Saint-Michel-Chef-Chef will satisfy you. The surrounding landscape is full of walks, hikes and bike rides. Walking along the cliffs and the natural coastline of the territory, you will contemplate a sublime panorama that is both surprising and relaxing.
For family walks, choose the red lands in the heart of the fauna and flora of the region or the Roy wood for a quiet walk with a playground for the children.
Otherwise, many hikes will occupy your summer afternoons. The circuit of the springs and the Menhirs and the circuit of the coastline and the mills are among the best known. But many other trails exist to suit everyone. It is now up to you to choose the stroll in Saint Michel Chef Chef that suits you according to your criteria.
Water activities and seaside
The seaside of Saint-Michel-Chef-Chef is ideal for any kind of nautical activity. With its many fine sandy beaches along the Atlantic coast, you are bound to find something to suit you. From family beaches to surf spots, there is something for everyone.
- Gohaud Beach: This beach is the favourite meeting place for surfers and bodyboarders. But it also welcomes paragliders, kites and any other nautical activity.
- Plage de la Rousselière : A beach of unparalleled charm, it extends to the rocky points at the end of the commune of Saint-Michel-Chef-Chef and has many fisheries.
- Great beach of Tharon : A great beach which will delight the families. A long stretch of sand that has all the facilities needed for beach and swimming pleasures.
- Plage de la Source : It owes its name to a small spring of drinking water which is located there. Similar to the main beach, it is a comfortable environment for an afternoon in the sun.
- Plage d’Anjou: The southernmost beach of the city, it is a small beach overlooked by a green dune.
- Comberge Beach: Fine sandy beach that becomes a rocky coast as you move north.
- Plage du Redois : A very small beach between sand and “carrelets”, giving it an atypical touch.
- The Chatelet beach and the big beach: They are part of the small creeks accessible to two steps of the city center.
Tharon is a real paradise for anglers. Mussels, periwinkles, clams, oysters, cockles and shrimps are offered to you at low tide for your greatest pleasure.
It is also possible to go offshore to enjoy the sea fishing.
Finally, the Gâtineaux pond also welcomes experienced freshwater fishermen.
Activities to discover in Saint-Michel-Chef
Don’t miss the farmers’ markets and let yourself be enchanted by the scents and taste of our local products. You can stroll through one of the largest summer markets on the coast.
Off season :
- Market of Tharon : Saturday morning
- Saint-Michel market: Wednesday morning
- Tharon : Tuesday and Friday
- Saint-Michel: Wednesday and Saturday
Night Markets :
- Also enjoy an evening walk and the unique charm of the night markets in Tharon-Plage. Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday evenings in July and August in the market street.
The galettes of Saint-Michel-Chef-Chef
Fancy a gourmet getaway in Saint-Michel-Chef-Chef? Go and meet the Saint-Michel cakes, gastronomic speciality of the city. The place is divided into two parts. The workshop will reveal the history of these cakes and the secrets of their manufacture. As for the Saint-Michel Café, it will offer you a moment of tasting with your family in a modern and warm setting.
The downtown area of Saint-Michel-Chef-Chef offers several picturesque places that will delight you during your stay in the area.
Thus, the port of Comberge, the church of Saint-Michel, the chapel of Tharon, the fisheries of the coast, or the windmill field in the surrounding countryside are all possible visits during your holidays.