Saint Michel-Chef-Chef… a strange name for a commune, isn’t it?
Without going into details that mix history and linguistics, remember that it is essentially the result of an evolution of the French language. The commune was called Saint-Michel du Chevecier, which became Chevechef in the 17th century, then Chef Chef. For a while, the town was called Chef-Chef to avoid religious references. In 1794, the city finally got back its Saint and its two “Chiefs”!
In our Camping du Vieux Château in Saint Michel Chef Chef you will have the opportunity to discover the town and its secrets! That’s why we detail below all the information you need to know during your stay.
- Saint Michel Chef Chef is part of the Tourist Office of Pornic and has a tourist information office in Tharon
- Tourist Information Office of Tharon – Saint Michel-Chef-Chef – Avenue de la Convention, square de Jade – 02.40.27.82.54
- April – May – June and September: Monday to Friday: 9.30am to 12.30pm and 2.30pm to 6pm and Saturday: 9.30am to 12.30pm and 3pm to 5pm. Closed on Sundays and public holidays
- July – August: Monday to Friday: 9.30am to 1pm and 3pm to 7pm – Saturday: 9.30am to 1pm and 3pm to 6pm – Sunday and public holidays: 10am to 12.30pm
- Saint Michel-Chef-Chef – Church Square – Wednesday and Saturday
- Tharon Plage – Place du Marché – Tuesday and Friday in July / August (the biggest in the region)
- Tharon Plage – Avenue de la convention – Saturday morning off season
- In Pornic: Thursday and Sunday in the upper town / Wednesday and Saturday – Parking de la Birochère – Rue de la Bernerie / Wednesday and Saturday – Centre bourg
- Saint Brévin- Centre bourg : Thursday and Sunday
- The Super U Route de la Plaine, lieu dit Les Vins rouges – 02 40 27 94 36
- Pornic SNCF station: 3635 – 02 40 82 00 06
- Information Ter Pays de la Loire
- Cinema classified ” Art et Essai “. – 20 rue du Redois – email@example.com. Programme available on the allociné.fr website
- Thalasso & Spa – 02 40 82 21 21
- Media library – Take advantage of your holidays to read and tell stories! The Saint Michel media library welcomes you and offers you: to consult books or magazines on site, to connect to the Internet. There is also a subscription for holidaymakers.
- Bois Roy Park – Fitness trail and playground.
- Mini-Golf – Boulevard de l’Océan, opposite the port. Tel: 02.40.39.92.31